About Tallsalt Advisors
Tallsalt offers Native American tribes, institutions, businesses and individuals a full menu of investment advisory services through its operating entity Mette Associates, LLC. Tallsalt also provides financial consulting services (non-investment advisory) through its operating entity Tallsalt Advisors, LLC.
Tallsalt’s independent investment and financial advice is based on independent research and is designed to optimize our clients’ return on investment (ROI) while managing risk.
- Steve Gundersen (Navajo), President of Tallsalt and Mette.
- Mette Associates, LLC is a 100% Navajo-owned registered investment advisory firm based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Tallsalt Advisors, LLC is a 100% Navajo-owned registered investment advisory firm based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Mette Associates, LLC is certified as a “Priority One Business” under the Navajo Nation Business Opportunity Act (NABOA).
360 Degree View of the Investment Industry
The professional experience of the Tallsalt team brings perspective & depth of understanding from serving in the capacity of:
- Investment analyst (insurance portfolios)
- Investment banker (external advisor)
- In-house corporate mergers & acquisitions (internal advisor) – M&A, operational experience & int’l joint ventures
- Investment advisor
Tallsalt’s team brings direct experience in the creation & analysis of many key types of securities, including:
- U.S. treasury securities
- Mortgage-backed securities (MBS) and asset-backed securities (ABS – auto leases)
- Corporate bonds – investment grade & high yield
- Preferred stock and convertible securities
- Common stock & derivatives (Puts, calls, index futures, options on futures)
- Interest rate swaps and currency hedging
- Energy commodity derivatives (Futures & options on futures)
Our experience includes projects/investments in a range of industry sectors, including:
- Health Care Services & Facilities; Insurance; Real Estate; Manufacturing; Consumer Goods; Oil & Gas Exploration & Production; Petroleum Refining; Pipelines; Business Services; Advertising, Media & Internet; Automotive Finance; Logistics & Transportation; Military Contracting; IT Services & Facilities; Housing; Retail; Restaurant; Apparel Manufacturing; Mining; Electricity Generation & Transmission; Construction Equipment; Consumer Goods; Commercial Banking; Computer Hardware & Software Design
Our experience includes projects/investments across the U.S., Europe & Asia, addressing key issues, such as:
- International Taxation & Jurisdictions,
- International Equities & Fixed Income,
- Currency Hedging, and
- International Trade
Our team members possess extensive project experience with:
- Private equity funds,
- Hedge funds, and
- Real estate investment trusts (REITS).